Business/Donors Development Specialist
Posted 7 months ago
Position: Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Looking to hire a Business Development Specialist who will be responsible for the identification, qualification, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors. This position also manages the Foundation’s grant writing and reporting process. Role(s):
- Build and maintain relationships with a portfolio of major donors helping them accomplish their philanthropic visions with Al-Furqaan Foundation
- Work closely with the Head of Fundraising to develop sponsorship strategies and goals for fundraising events and to manage the creation of collateral material to support solicitation efforts.
- Identify, cultivate, and secure sponsors for The Foundation’s Events, signature Projects, and other identified activities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to create effective, inspiring digital and print fund development materials.
- Manage the Foundation’s grant writing and reporting system.
- Carry out special fundraising events, meetings, and interviews within established ethical standards and in compliance with local, state, federal, and non-profit regulations, guidelines, and laws.
- Support the Foundation’s efforts to ensure a community presence that increases the Foundation’s visibility as a funding recipient for potential and current/past donors.
- Collaborate with the Foundation’s staff to identify untapped markets of interest, and to generate ideas, programs, and concepts to engage prospective donors.
- Lead the department’s efforts in securing auction items for all the Foundation’s fundraising events.
- Model high levels of motivation, performance, dedication, and commitment.
- Provide professional, quality customer service to donors, volunteers, staff, and other community contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, nonprofit management, or a related field.
- Four or more years of demonstrated success in fund development or outside sales.
- At least one year of experience in cold-calling required.
- At least one year of experience in grant writing and grant research.
- Experience in the development of budgets and the ability to manage financial resources effectively.
- Proven results with fundraising and special events.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations.
- Able to work independently within established guidelines, and to meet frequent deadlines.
- Understanding and appreciation for the Foundation’s mission and the capability to project that mission to prospective donors and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Arabic & Urdu are highly preferred
- Must be a team player whose superior communication skills facilitate working with a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ensure the exchange of information and effective planning