Posted 7 months ago
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
We have an opportunity for the position of Senior Accountant. Selected individual will shoulder the senior level responsibilities, supervise one full-time and one part-time employee and report to president of the Foundation Role(s):
- Update the banks on daily basis to control financial liquidity.
- Observe the flow of funds from and to the multiple channels and properly classifying all incomes and expenses.
- Assist with month-end analysis of banks and other income and expenses schedules, including posting of standard accruals and adjusting entries.
- Prepare monthly inventory and cost of goods sold (COGS) entries.
- Preparing and reporting monthly financial statements, including balance sheet and income statement accounts to president.
- Assist in preparing supporting schedules like account receivable and accounts payable.
- Keep track of inter divisions transactions and maintain accurate balances.
- Liaison with remote staff for proper accounting and deposits of funds collected.
- Sending out donors receipts as per agreed schedule.
- Sending out annual donor’s receipts.
- Preparing year end accounts on timely basis.
- Filing 990 with IRS on timely basis.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- 3 + years of accounting experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface and connect at all levels of an organization.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to manage time efficiently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.